[R] Zip a file

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 18:40:37 CEST 2012

Hi Antony,

I don't use the function zip().  I was able to access the R documentation for zip() (package:utils).

 I am using R 2.15 in Ubuntu 12.04.   If I wanted to compress files, I do gzip() from linux terminal.  I guess in windows, you can use 7-zip or other WinZip.  Is there any specific reason for you to zip files within R?
A.K.