[R] How to divide each column with its own value

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 17 07:57:59 CEST 2012

On 17-09-2012, at 07:31, Jha, Ashutosh Kumar wrote:

> Dear Berend,
>
> No need to devide what all you need a indentity matrix with same dimesion.
>   Following is one way to achieve this.
>
>   mat<-matrix(1,ncol=ncol(mat),nrow=nrow(mat)).

That is not an identity matrix. It is a matrix with all elements equal to 1.
An identity matrix has 1 on the diagonal and 0 elsewhere and is created by diag(..)

The OP asked about divide and the answer I gave was geared to that specific question.
Of course if the result is a constant value for all elements a simple matrix(...) will also do.

Berend