[R] Post by non-member to a members-only list

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at wlandres.net
Sun Sep 16 10:35:02 CEST 2012

On 16-Sep-2012 05:22:47 David Winsemius wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2012, at 7:17 PM, mcg wrote:
>
>> Dear moderator;

>> still I get the "Post by non-member..." message. Am I not a member than?
>
> It appears you are currently subscribed as one "6813 Non-digested Members".
> --
> David Winsemius, MD

The address which is subscribed to R-help is "giepen.m at gmail.com".
The address from whch you posted the above question is

  giepen.m at googlemail.com

which is not the same email address, and is not subscribed to R-help.
So check which address is in your "From:" field when you mail to R-help.
If it is the second address, then it is not subscribed and you will
get the message "Post by non-member...".

The reason is that only email addresses are subscribed. People
are not subscribed! So you yourself are not subscribed; your
email address "giepen.m at gmail.com" is subscribed. And your email
address "giepen.m at googlemail.com" is not subscribed either.

You can either make sure that you only post to R-help from the
subscribed address, or you can subscribe both addresses and then
post from either of them (in which case it might be a good idea
to set your R-help delivery options for one of them to non-delivery,
so that you only get R-help postings once).

Hoping this helps,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding at wlandres.net>
Date: 16-Sep-2012  Time: 09:34:58