[R] R CMD check and browser

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 23:53:09 CEST 2012

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Christian Hoffmann
<c-w.hoffmann at sunrise.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Every time I do
>
> system("R CMD check mypackckage"
>
> the process executes a help.start(). Why does this happen?

Hi Christian,

I'm afraid I can't replicate this with the packages I keep local
copies of and installed version of R: could you perhaps make the
package source available (or point us to it if its own GitHub,
r-forge, etc.?) and give us your sessionInfo() so we can try to
reproduce? If the package is sensitive, perhaps work up a minimal
"non-working" example?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

My immediate guess is that something in the package accesses the help
system, but obviously I can't be sure without having something to play
with.

Cheers,
Michael