[R] How to Rename Column Labels?

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Sat Sep 8 19:00:16 CEST 2012

You seem to be trying to do something from the file on disk and you want to do it to the table in the R environment.

Example of what you probably want
mydata  <-  sample(c("A1", "A2", "A3", "A4", "A5"), 45, replace = TRUE)
mytable  <-  table(mydata)
mytable
names(mytable)  <-  c("Mike", "Kate", "Michelle",  "Paul Young")
mytable

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada