[R] Trying to learn how to write a function... can't define a variable??

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Fri Sep 7 21:05:04 CEST 2012

WHEW! Have you read An Introduction to R? If not, stop and do so. If
you have, stop and do so again. Or look for other web tutorials (you
may get some suggestions here) or books (CRAN is a good place to look
for this).

The problem is that you are so far from understanding how a function
works, that I wouldn't know where to begin. Ergo the tutorial
suggestions.

May I also suggest that should anyone else care to have a go at
helping, that they reply privately, as this somehow does not seem the
right venue for such basic tutorials.

Cheers,
Bert