[R] Paasing values to sqlQuery like SAS macro

ramoss ramine.mossadegh at finra.org
Thu Sep 13 17:54:06 CEST 2012

Hello,

We lost our SAS licence & I am busy transfering my old SAS programs to R
environment.  I am very new to R.  In 1 program I was creating SAS macro
vars & passing them into a SQL query to run against the server. There are 3
variables firm, begindt, enddt.  # of values for each varies month to month.
Is there anyway I could do the same thing in R & pass the afore mentioned
values to a query running within sqlQuery?

Thanks for any suggestions