[R] R- merging two matrix

Sridhar Iyer sridiyer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 02:29:47 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have two matrices.  (same size, same number of rows,
same names for the rows  - one has data in sorted
order, another one master data in unsorted order. I need to
combine both).

Rows names of Matrix A
P, Q, R, S, T, U, V .......        (some order) - each row has 4 values

Row names of Matrix B (same as B, but in a different (sorted) order)

Q, P, T, U, V, .......     (same names, but different order) - has one value

I need to create a master matrix with data from these two.

How do I take the numerical value for Q (from Matrix B) and append it to the
values in Matrix A. (so it becomes the 5th value in the master file)

Thank you very much

Srid Iyer