[R] R suitability for development project

Eric Langley eric at abeo.us
Mon Sep 3 04:15:58 CEST 2012

Hello All,

Eric Langley here with my first post to this list. I am looking to
determine if R is suitable for a development project I am working on
and if so possibly finding someone proficient in R that would be
interested in doing the coding.

I would like to preface my inquiry that while I am not a programmer I
can communicate in a dialog my objectives.

An array of rank ordered data looks like this:
Item-Rank  First  Second  Third  Fourth  Totals
Item1         6       8           0       0          14
Item2         7       5           2       0          14
Item3         1       1          11      1          14
Item4         0       0           1       13        14
Totals        14      14        14      14

The required output of R will be two fold;

1, a numerical score for each of the Items (1-4) from highest to
lowest and lowest to highest on a scale of 0-99 that is statistically
accurate. For this example the scores would be Item1 highest number
down to Item4 with the lowest number. In reverse Item4 would be the
highest number down to Item1 the lowest number. For the Highest like
this; Item1=94, Item2=88, Item3=48, Item4=2 (just guessing here on the
scores...:)

2, a graphical output of the data based on the scores in three special
graphs with a middle line at '0' and increasing numbers to the left
AND right. The graphs plot the Highest ranked Items, the Lowest Ranked
items and a combination of the two.
Sample graphs are here: http://community.abeo.us/sample-graphs/

Looking forward to hearing if R will be able to accomplish this.

TYIA,

~eric

--
Eric Langley