[R] R crashing after successfully running compiled code

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Wed Oct 31 17:04:04 CET 2012

As long as you use C (or C++ or Fortran ...), using memory that
you don't own is possible.  This is one reason people use languages
like R.

(If you program microprocessors or write operating system code
then C's willingness to let you read or write any at address is essential.)

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com