[R] standard error for quantile

PIKAL Petr petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Wed Oct 31 10:52:50 CET 2012

Hi Bert

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bert Gunter [mailto:gunter.berton at gene.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:37 PM
> To: PIKAL Petr
> Cc: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: Re: [R] standard error for quantile
>
>  Petr:
>
> 1. Not an R question.

Partly. I asked also for pointing me to some R functions which can compute such standard error, which is by my humble opinion valid R question.

> 2. You want the distribution of order statistics. Search on that. It's
> basically binomial/beta.

Hm. I looked at some web info, which is quite good for trained statistician but at the edge of my understanding as chemist (and sometimes beyound:-).

Thanks anyway.
Regards
Petr