[R] Grid Width in polar.plot

Peter Ehlers ehlers at ucalgary.ca
Sat Oct 27 03:05:06 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-26 06:48, MartinD wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using the polar.plot function from plotrix.
> Is there a way to change the width of the grid lines?
> grid.lwd doesn't work....
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin

See the recent discussion about changing the line _type_
in radial.plot() where I gave suggestions to change two
lines in radial.plot(). Change the same two lines by adding
'lwd = grid.lwd' to each and adding the argument
'grid.lwd = 1' to the function arguments. Save
the edited function as 'myradial.plot', say. Then
edit the function polar.plot by replacing the single
instance of 'radial.plot' with 'myradial.plot' and
save the edited version as 'mypolar.plot', say. Now
use mypolar.plot() with whatever grid.lwd value suits
your purpose.

Peter Ehlers