[R] How to use tapply with more than one variables grouped

noobmin pseudovoid at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 22:25:37 CEST 2012

             AL  AR  CA  NY
Doug    250 250 250  NA
Jennifer  20 340 300 100
Michele  250 500 250  60
Obama    15  45 520 600

My English is not very good, I'll try again. I want to list ALL states in
the country where Obama had greater contribution. The table above shows the
total contribution received by each candidate in a given state. To AL state
obama not received more than Doug. For the AR state he received no more than
others candidates. For the CA state he received a total of $ 520, which is
520>300>250>=250 and should be selected. In NY also had the largest
contribution, $ 600, 600>100>60 and should therefore be selected.

I want to make it to the N presidency candidates and M states of the
country. The table above is only an example.

Sorry again, for me it was clear. = (
Thanks