[R] plotting multiple variables in 1 bar graph

David Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Tue Oct 23 18:46:32 CEST 2012

If you have your data organized in a matrix like the one printed at the
bottom of your jpg, barplot will produce the same graph:

> set.seed(42)
> a <- matrix(round(runif(45)*100, 0), nrow=5, ncol=9)
     [,1] [,2] [,3] [,4] [,5] [,6] [,7] [,8] [,9]
[1,]   91   52   46   94   90   51   74   83   38
[2,]   94   74   72   98   14   39   81    1   44
[3,]   29   13   93   12   99   91   39   21    4
[4,]   83   66   26   47   95   45   69   91   97
[5,]   64   71   46   56    8   84    0   61   43
> barplot(a)
> barplot(a, beside=TRUE)

David L. Carlson
Associate Professor of Anthropology