[R] Help with applying a function to all possible 2x2 submatrices

CMB123 craig.bielski at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 22:10:40 CEST 2012

I apologize if the term "submatrix" was confusing - I am basically 2 rows and
2 columns from a r x c matrix to construct 2x2 matricies. Thus, the
choose(r,2) * choose(c,2) possible combinations.

For each matrix [(a,b), (c,d)], I am testing a > b, b > d, d > c, and c > a.
For the sake of simplicity I have combined these tests into a single
function (with the intent of applying it to the matrix, ideally).

I hope this is clearer...