[R] [newbie] failure to plot a RasterLayer with raster::plot or fields::image.plot

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Mon Oct 22 07:21:17 CEST 2012

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2012-October/326837.html
> summary: spatial data to be input to a regional-scale environmental
> model must (1) be converted to netCDF and then (2) "regridded"
> (cropped, projected, increased resolution). In a public git
> repository

> https://github.com/TomRoche/GEIA_to_NetCDF

> I have R code (with bash drivers) that does the conversion step, and
> plots the converted output, apparently correctly. However attempts
> to plot the output of the regridding step (twice with raster::plot,
> once with fields::image.plot) are very wrong. How to fix?

> details:

In an effort to make this problem more understandable (and hopefully
thereby to get help), I have added several graphics and lots more links
here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13005181/rasterplot-problems-unwanted-rotation-extents

and restricted the discussion to just the raster::plot problems.

Your assistance is appreciated, Tom "at wit's end" Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>