[R] FreeBSD installation problems

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Sun Oct 21 08:23:28 CEST 2012

On 21.10.2012 02:47 (UTC+2), J. Maxwell wrote:
> R Compiliing or installation failure on FreeBSD
> 9.0-RELEASE FreeBSD ; I386 box.
>
> configuring with the default settings, no 'options' =>
>
> ./configure

Is there any reason that you are not using the FreeBSD ports system, in
this case /usr/ports/math/R? It builds and installs just fine. I am
using it for years now.

In many cases it should be useful to enable the ports option LIBR to get
a R shared library and a dynamically linked R.

Hope this helps,
Rainer