[R] Expected number of events, Andersen-Gill model fit via coxph in package survival

Omar De la Cruz C. odelacruzc at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 01:06:10 CEST 2012

I have a follow-up question (for either Dr. Therneau, or anybody who
might know).

sum(zz) (see below) estimates the number of events for the cohort.
Now, how can I compute a confidence interval for sum(zz)? Or a
standard error?

My obvious choice, square root of the sum of the squares of the
standard errors for zz provided by predict.coxph, turns out to be too
small.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Omar.