[R] plot.new() and grid functions in multipage pdfs

Ali Tofigh alix.tofigh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:10:51 CEST 2012

my problem is that I usually have no choice but to mix grid and base
graphics. I use grid as much as possible, but for example for plotting
dendrograms, I don't know how to plot them other than using base
graphics. So I use the functions in gridBase to produce those plots.
In order to do that I have to call plot.new() at some point in my code
to initialize the base graphics, and that can mess things up.

/ali