[R] Error in if (is.na(n) || n > 65536L) stop("size cannot be NA nor exceed 65536") : missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 01:47:18 CEST 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:37 PM, eliza botto <eliza_botto at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear useRs,
>
> i am using NbClust to determine appropriate number of cluster for hclustering. i am consistently getting the following error
>
> Error in if (is.na(n) || n > 65536L) stop("size cannot be NA nor exceed 65536") :
>   missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

It looks like your variable 'n' is NULL. I am not familiar with
NbClust but if I had to guess, my guess would be that it expects a
matrix with 2 dimensions (one of which is 'n'), and you are giving it
an argument whose 'dim' is NULL (perhaps you think you have a
data.frame but it is in fact a list? Or instead of a matrix you give a
vector (or distance)?)

If you give us more information (and reproducible code!), we can help you more.

HTH

Peter