[R] weighted cumulative distribution with ggplot2

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Oct 8 19:12:34 CEST 2012

On Oct 8, 2012, at 9:18 AM, David Winsemius wrote:

> On Oct 8, 2012, at 8:01 AM, Francesco wrote:
>
>> I think I have my answer... ggplot2 uses ecdf which does NOT allow
>> weightings...
>> so there is no warning or error, but still the resulting plot do not
>> take into account the command weight=weight
>
> It was completely unclear why you expected ggplot to use ' ewcdf' when you gave a command to use 'ecdf'.

You might want to look at stat_function. It appears designed to provide a mechanism for running data through functions that do not have current support in ggplot2. I've never really grok-ked how one is supposed to pass arguments into ggplot constructs and find the help pages not so helpful in figuring this out, so this is a big fat untested guess.

--
David.

>> Hope that helps someone, just in case ;-)
>>
>> On 8 October 2012 15:40, Francesco <cariboupad at gmx.fr> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I am trying to draw a weighted cumulative distribution (as defined
>>> here http://rss.acs.unt.edu/Rdoc/library/spatstat/html/ewcdf.html)
>>> with ggplot2
>>>
>>> however the syntax
>>>
>>> temp<-qplot(X,weight=weight,data=data,stat = "ecdf", geom =
>>> "step",colour=factor(year))
>>>
>>> seems not to produce exactly the right figure (the values seems higher
>>> at some points)... I am wrong in the weight definition?
>>>
>>> The data is like the following
>>>
>>> X     Weight Year
>>> 0      2         2001
>>> 0      1         2001