[R] Robust regression for ordered data

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 8 07:47:46 CEST 2012

On 08/10/2012 00:37, Bert Gunter wrote:
> Have you checked the Robust task view on CRAN?? Would seem that that
> should have been the first place to look.

It is still a conceptual question.  I presume this means an ordered
response, and then we need to know what is meant by 'regression'.

If you tell us precisely what robust method you want to know about, you
may get help about whether it is available in R.   But I surmise that
you need rather to be looking at ordinal regression (polr in MASS, for
example), and you will not find that in the 'Robust' task view.   In the
task view, 'robust' is  a technical term and I don't think 'Elko Fried'
is using it in the sense the author of the task view is.