[R] multinomial MCMCglmm

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 03:42:00 CEST 2012

Vaniscotte <vanamelie <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to add mixed effects in a multinomial model and I am trying
> to use MCMCglmm for that.

 [snip]

  (1) you should probably post this to r-sig-mixed-models at r-project.org
instead (and try to post only once ...)

  (2) multinomial models generally require *integer* responses (although
not necessarily 0/1); if you don't have a natural "denominator", you may
have to think a bit harder about this (a Dirichlet distribution would be
the natural way to model frequencies that sum to 1)

  (3) have you read the course notes vignette that comes with MCMCglmm?

  Ben Bolker