[R] Calculating the mean in one column with empty cells

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 16:21:29 CEST 2012

HI,
Not sure how your dataset looks like:

set.seed(1)
dat1<-data.frame(col1=c(sample(1:50,5,replace=TRUE),NA,sample(1:25,3,replace=TRUE),NA,sample(1:25,2,replace=TRUE)),col2=c(NA,NA,rnorm(8,15),NA,NA))
mean(dat1$col1[!is.na(dat1$col1)])
#[1] 20.1
 mean(dat1$col1,na.rm=TRUE)
#[1] 20.1

But, there is one problem that is obvious "dataset2" and "master".  Looks like you have two datasets.
A.K.