[R] convert multi dimensional array to list

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 23:19:22 CEST 2012

On Oct 4, 2012, at 8:57 AM, anto.r wrote:

> Hi Michael
>
> thanks! That was the option if I kept it an array. The list format with $
> sign since it leaves me feeling that the names are there and can be easily
> accessed. Why would you rather not use the $ sign?

It would be better in programing to learn to use the "[[" operator for which '$' is just a particular application that is less flexible because it won't evaluate its argument.

> I use R-Studio and there names can be selected from a drop-down list, I have
> found it easier but that could be my lack of proper training in R.

You should be able to do that with column names in dataframes using object[["col"]]

> Cheers
> Anto
>
> --

Learn to post context, please. The all too typical habit of Nabble-users in failing to include context is a constant source of annoyance to regular R-help readers.

--

David Winsemius, MD
Alameda, CA, USA