[R] Failed installWithVers from local tar.gz

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 04:22:06 CEST 2012

On Oct 3, 2012, at 12:42 PM, kkarr wrote:

> Hi,
> I am having trouble installing a previous version of a package, and multiple
> version of the package in R 2.12 or 2.15.  I have download the  tar.gz
> packages from the CRAN archive, and created an folder holding all the files.
>
> install.packages("changepoint_0.3.tar.gz",
> lib="~/Rtools/dir/of/pkgs/",
> repos=NULL,
> dependencies=FALSE,
> contriburl="~/Rtools/dir/of/pkgs/changepoint_0.3.tar.gz",
> installWithVers= TRUE)

The tilde in the path makes me think this is a Mac OS question, and if so should have been explicitly stated, but the warning seems strange. Do you actually have a copy of "changepoint_0.3.tar.gz" in that location? What does this return:

list.files( path = "~/Rtools/dir/of/pkgs/")

You should also remember that type="mac.binary" is the default for install.packages on a Mac (if that is what we are dealing with) and that you would need type ="source" if installing on older versions of R. There is a binary version of pkg:changepoint at CRAN. S why not:

install.packages("changepoint") and just let the magic take hold?

--
David.