[R] Java Exception error while reading large data in R from DB using RJDBC.

aajit75 aajit75 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Oct 30 12:32:06 CET 2012

Dear List,

Java Exception error while reading large data in R from DB using RJDBC.
I am trying to read large data from DB table(Vectorwise), using RJDBC
connection.
I have tested the connection with small size data and was able to fetch DB
tables using same connection(conn as in my code).

Please suggest where  am i going wrong or alternate option to solve such
issues  while reading large DB table.

drv <- JDBC(paste(db_driver,  sep = ""),
           paste(db_jar_file,  sep = ""),
           identifier.quote="`")

conn <<- dbConnect(drv, paste(db_server,  sep = ""),
					paste(db_server_lgn,  sep = ""),
					paste(db_server_pwd,  sep = ""))
s <- sprintf("select * from  cypress_modeldev_account_info")
 temp <- dbGetQuery(conn, s)
Error in .jcheck() :
  Java Exception <no description because toString() failed>.jcall(rp, "I",
"fetch", stride)<S4 object of class "jobjRef">