[R] help finding edge connecting two nodes

dhaval@mit.edu nuclearr.d at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 00:05:14 CEST 2012

I'm new to R and igraph and I was wondering if anybody can help me with the
following.

I want to find the edge weight between two vertices in a graph. My graph
structure is defined by the normal ego (node1), alter (node2) and the weight
of the edge between them.

I know that I can get the weight for each of the edges in the list of edges
that originate from node number 5 using E(igraph_friendship) [ from(5)
]$weight And that I can find the weight for each of the edges in the list of
edges that end onto node number 10 using E(igraph_friendship) [ to(10)
]$weight

But what if I simply want to find the weight of the edge that simple
connects just node 5 and node 10?

Alternatively, if I can get the identifier of the edge that connects node 5
and 10 in the list of all edges, E(igraph_friendship), that would work too.

Thanks a lot for your help, I've been looking around a lot for it and I
really appreciate your help!