[R] Windows 7 R (32/64bit) running under cygwin: package not found

Aldi Kraja aldi at wustl.edu
Tue Oct 16 18:41:40 CEST 2012

Hi,
Using R 2.15.1 on Windows 7. Have installed both versions 32 and 64bit.
In both of them among others I have installed a package rgenoud
When I open R gui of 32bit and write library(rgenoud) it responds by
showing a functional rgenoud version  5.7-8. The same it does on Rgui
64bit.

Now I am working in cygwin (v. 1.12.4.0) with xwin. Normally before when
I had installed a package, I only had to call the library with the name
of the package and R will find the right one to load.

Now when I apply R CMD BATCH script1.R out1.txt, under cygwin the first
thing it reports:

R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22) -- "Roasted Marshmallows"
After some generalities it reports
 >library(rgenoud)
Error in library(rgenoud) : there is no package called 'rgenoud'
Execution halted

So my question is why under cygwin in a batch mode, it does not find the
installed package, which is already installed in my laptop's R?

Thank you in advance,

Aldi