[R] Building a package with an existing dll

GlennManion glenn.manion at environment.nsw.gov.au
Tue Oct 16 04:24:29 CEST 2012

I have setup a package directory structure with all the relevent files in the
src, R, man and data directories.
Also have the correct DESCRIPTION and NAMESPACE files in the root directory.
I don't wisk to recompile the .dll file in the src directory as it currently
works fine if I locate it in the same workdirectory as my R source code that
calls it.
This is a little tedious having to move source and dll into every directory
that I wish to work in, thus the need to convert into a package.
Is there a way to create a package that does not need the dll re-compiled?