[R] transforming a .csv file column names as per a particular column rows using R code

siddu479 onlyfordigitalstuff at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 18:13:29 CEST 2012

Hello all,
 I have a .csv file like below.
Tool,Step_Number,Data1,Data2... etc up to 100 columns.
A,1,0,1
A,2,3,1
A,3,2,1
.
.
B,1,3,2
B,2,1,2
B,3,3,2
.
.
...... so on upto 50 rows
where the column "*Tool*" has distinct steps in second column
"*Step_Number*",but both have same entries in Step_Number column.
I want the output like below.

Tool_1,Data1_1,Data2_1,Tool_2,Data1_2,Data2_2,Tool_3,Data1_3,Data2_3... so
on
A,0,1,A,3,1,A,2,1
B,3,2,B,1,2,B,3,2
so on.

basically I am transposing entire data based on a specific column row values
and renaming the column headers.
I have a shell script based on awk which can do this task, but the script is
taking exceptionally higher processing time.

So I am looking for a script in R which can save the time.
"Please revert to me if the problem description is not clear."

Regards
Sidda

-----
Sidda