[R] problems with printing and plotting aareg

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Fri Oct 5 16:46:22 CEST 2012

It's a bug in summary.aareg which no one found until now.

What's wrong:
If dfbeta=TRUE then there is a second estimate of variance calculated, labeled as
test.var2. If maxtime is set, then both estimates of variance need to be recalculated by
the summary routine.  An incorrect if-then-else flow led it to look for test.var2 when it
wasn't relevant.  My test cases with maxtime also happened to have dfbeta=TRUE.

Short term solution: set dfbeta=TRUE.  A bit more computation time though.
Long term: I'll fix it, and a new version of survival will one day appear.  (With 200+
packages that depend on survival, new releases now require a lot of checking.  No
overnight fixes).

Terry T