[R] Error not found - for file retrieval with head()

Jhope jeanwaijang at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 23:47:59 CEST 2012

Hi R-listers,

I am in plyr and using the script below and when I try to pull up the .csv
file with head() it does not show up. I am not sure where I am going wrong.
I have also checked the file box for turtlehatch.csv and it still does not
show up when I head(turtlehatch.csv). Am I missing a command?

Please advise, Jean

> devel.index <- function(values, weights=c(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)) {
+   foo <- values*weights
+   return(apply(foo, 1, sum) / apply(values, 1, sum))
+ }
> data.to.analyze$DevelopIndex <-
> devel.index(data.to.analyze[,c("ST0","ST1", "ST2", "ST3", "ST4",
> "MaxHatch")])
> write.csv(data.to.analyze, "turtlehatch.csv", row.names=FALSE)
> head(turtlehatch.csv)
Error in head(turtlehatch.csv) : object 'turtlehatch.csv' not found