[R] Please help on Sweave question

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 01:12:58 CEST 2012

On 12-09-30 2:18 PM, Andras Farkas wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I have reviewed some examples over the net on this issue, but still not getting the results. I have the following text and code i would like to place into a pdf with sweave, but I would like to change the margins on the produced document. The options(width=60) I guess should do this but when I put it to wok, it is not functioning. perhaps my calling of commands is off?

The command options(width=60) affects the display of R output.  It
doesn't affect the margins of other text in the document.  You need to
use LaTeX commands to change those, e.g.

\setlength{\textwidth}{3in}

to set the text width to 3 inches.  See a LaTeX manual for other
margins.  (The left, top and bottom margins will also affect R output.)

Duncan Murdoch