[R] QQplot

FJ M chicagobrownblue at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:35:50 CET 2012

Have you tried fitting your data to the Pearson family of distributions? In particular the Pearson Type IV has parameters to fit skewed and kurtotic distributions. The Pearson library is described here:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/PearsonDS/PearsonDS.pdf

The Type IV is described here:
http://www-cdf.fnal.gov/physics/statistics/notes/cdf6820_pearson4.pdf

GL,