[R] SEM raw moment matrix

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Nov 23 13:39:24 CET 2012

Dear Maya,

sem() computes the fit statistics that I know how to compute for a model fit to a raw moment matrix. If you know how to compute the others (and if they're defined), then you could do that youself using the object returned by sem().

I'm not sure why you want the likelihood under the model in addition to the model chisquare, but you can get the *log*-likelihood from logLik(your.model).

Finally, you don't have to compute the raw moment matrix in a separate step (if you in fact did that) if you have the original data -- you can use the data argument to sem().

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Sen. William McMaster Prof. of Social Statistics
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox/