[R] Is it possible to draw with function "image.asc " and show a legend strip in the same window?

riodementa jorge.nayamacias at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 10:20:51 CET 2012

Thank you David,
Nice idea, but i think that the problem is with the map, (maybe, because
image.plot  is not for this kind of date)
I can try to tranform the map with your idea, but it could be hard.
I'm looking for an easier solution :)

Forget the points. Example (with library adehabitat)
 CASE 1
library(fields)
 file1 <-  paste(system.file(package =
"adehabitat"),"ascfiles/elevation.asc", sep = "/")
 map<-import.asc(file1)
 image.plot(map,col=terrain.colors(100))

Focus in one single point. Changing the size window we observe that the axis
values are incorrect.
I wrote the solution: use image.asc #   (from library adehabitat)
But image.asc has not a legend strip...