[R] Deviation standard & variance

Jessica Streicher j.streicher at micromata.de
Tue Nov 20 20:28:10 CET 2012

Replying to post on Nabble:

so, basically first you need these values for each variable, yes?

m<-data.frame(a=1:3,b=4:6,c=7:9)
variances<-sapply(m,var)
sdevs<-sapply(m,sd)

but i still don't know what you want to show. Just plot the values per variable? That won't be properly visible in just one plot with hundreds of variables.
some kind of distribution maybe, like how likely some value of variance is?
do you have an example of what it should look like?

Whats the purpose of plotting it?