[R] Classification methods - which one?

Pedro Silva psilva at porto.ucp.pt
Tue Nov 20 13:10:30 CET 2012

Dear Peter,

There are several packages that try to address this type of problem (although the remarks made
by Max are something that we should always keep in mind), and I also recommend those with perform
some form of regularized, penalized or shrunken linear discriminant analysis with a preliminary variable
selection step .

You can take a look at the  hda, rda, sda,  SDDA, HDclassif or my own HiDimDA, packages for some of the
 most important alternatives.
Hope this helps.

Best,
Pedro

Pedro Duarte Silva
Associate Professor of Statistics and Operations Research
Faculdade de Economia e Gestão
Universidade Católica Portuguesa / Porto
www.feg.porto.ucp.pt