[R] Is it possible to be sponsored by R?

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 23:24:11 CET 2012

Christophe Genolini <cgenolin <at> u-paris10.fr> writes:

> Hi the list,
>
> I am a member of the organizing comity of the French Statistics
> Association (SFdS)'s conference. We
> are looking for sponsors. Some software (SAS, RITME, ...)
> are represented. Do you know if there is
> any possibility to be sponsored by R (or by an association close to R)?
> Do you think I can ask to
> the R fondation?
>
> Sincerely
> Christophe

  I rather doubt it, but it depends what you're looking for. If you
want financial support, I suspect the answer is "almost definitely not";
if you simply want some kind of symbolic support, then it's "very
probably not".  The board of the R foundation is listed at
http://www.r-project.org/foundation/board.html (with only a postal
contact address ...)  You might post to r-devel at r-project.org, which
is read by some R-Core members (which overlaps with the membership of
the R Foundation).

  These are only my guesses, certainly not definitive.

  Ben Bolker