[R] RMySQL install on windows

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 17:34:14 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:49 AM, sbarandiaran <sbarandia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Uwe, I set the variable with single backslashes, but the output remains the
> same. The last part reads:
>
> "gcc -m64 -shared -s -static-libgcc -o RMySQL.dll tmp.def RS-DBI.o
> RS-MySQL.o C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5/bin/libmysql.dll
> -Ld:/RCompile/CRANpkg/extralibs64/local/lib/x64
> -Ld:/Rcompile/CRANpkg/extralibs64/local/lib
> -LC:/PROGRA~1/R/R-215~1.1/BIN/X64 -lR
> gcc.exe: error:  C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5/bin/libmySQL.dll:
> No such file or directory
> ERROR: compilation failed for package 'RMySQL'
> * removing 'C:/Users/Acer/Documents/R/win-library/2.15/RMySQL' "

The error message says it can't find a particular file.  You may have
an incomplete installation or perhaps in your distribution the file is
not in the expected place.  First look for it:

cd %MYSQL_HOME%
dir/s/b libmySQL.dll

If its missing then there is a problem with your installation of MySQL.

If its in a different location than expected copy it to the expected
location. Do that as Administrator:

    copy ...wherever...\libmySQL.dll %MYSQL_HOME%\bin

If it happens again with some other file then copy it too.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.
email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com