[R] How to modify a S4 function (in the package NADA)

maxbre mbressan at arpa.veneto.it
Thu Nov 15 15:27:22 CET 2012

sorry sarah

you are right, my fault, this is the correct reproducible example
(a misinterpretation of LR type occurred in previous reproducible example)

my.ex<-structure(list(TEC = c(0.21, 0.077, 0.06, 0.033, 0.014, 0.0072
), LR = c(FALSE, FALSE, TRUE, FALSE, TRUE, FALSE)), .Names = c("TEC",
"LR"), row.names = c(NA, -6L), class = "data.frame")

but, nevertheless,  still some problems exists because...

str(my.ex)
library(NADA)

with(my.ex,
     cenfit(TEC,LR)
     )

mycenfit <- function(x, y) {
  result <- cenfit(x, y)
  c(result, sum = result$n * result$mean)
}

with(my.ex,
           mycenfit(TEC,LR)
           )

giving me the following error message

Error in result$n : $ operator not defined for this S4 class

again pointing to the peculiar structure of S4 class (at least I think to
understand)

thank you for your reply

max