[R] configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not a

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:28:46 CET 2012

Then you need to install the x11 headers for your Unix (linux?)
system. I can't tell you what or how without knowing more about your
particular setup.

By far the easiest thing to do if you're not familiar with compiling
your own software, headers and such, is to install the binary for your
linux distro from the usual repository. Assuming you're running linux:
just telling us "Unix" isn't actually all that informative.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org