[R] LiblineaR: accept sparse matrices

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Thu Nov 8 22:07:16 CET 2012

It was CCed (not BCCed) to Thibault Helleputte <thelleputte at gmail.com>

>   Sparse matrices are nice, but once you start using sparse matrices
> you have to start worrying about the details of which linear algebra
> operators have been defined for them (e.g. whether the available
> operators allow pivoting, or work on rank-deficient matrices, or ...)
> So it's not always as easy as flipping a switch ...

The library in question is merely a thin layes which passes the data to
the underlying C++ library. The original library comes with a command
line interface which accepts input file in sparse matrix format _ONLY_.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) X 11.0.11103000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://mideasttruth.com http://dhimmi.com