[R] Error message

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:26:02 CET 2012

What size system are you running on? (physical memory)  What version
of R are you using (32 or 64 bit)?  If 32-bit, then the array you are
trying to allocate requires 733MB of physical memory and there is not
sufficient memory available.  Do you have other large objects
allocated that you might have to remove?

Your best bet would be to use the 64-bit version and get at least 4 GB
of memory if you are going to be working with objects that large.  (my
rule of thumb is that you need at least 4X the largest object you want
to work with).