[R] R 2.15.2 is released

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 19:29:05 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Sam Steingold <sds at gnu.org> wrote:
>> * Bert Gunter <thagre.oregba at trar.pbz> [2012-11-04 09:48:58 -0800]:
>>
>> ?update.packages
>
> It is not obvious to me that this is the answer to my question.
> Specifically, I have package X version 1.2.3 installed and built against
> R version 2.15.1.
> If 1.2.3 is the current latest version of X, then update.packages() will
> _not_ try to update it, but, apparently, at least for some packages, I
> do need to rebuild them against the new R version 2.15.2.

If I remember correctly (and I may well not) it's somewhat OS
dependent, with OS X being rather strict about package updates (2.15.1
not being so compatible with 2.15.2) while linuxen are nicer about it.

Certainly packages with significant compiled code (like Matrix) are
more prone to versioning mis-matches.

Michael