[R] Ben Bolker's '‘emdbook’ Package , rbetabinom

arun4 arun.ganesh2012 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 16:10:46 CET 2012

Hello,
I am using rbetabinom ( to generate beta binomial random variables) function
available in the "emdbook"package written by Professor. Ben Bolker for my
research study.
I have no questions with this function. However, I am looking for the
theoretical method/algorithm  of the function "rbetabinom " .
Morris (1997), American Naturalist 150:299-327 is given as the reference in
the package, But I couldn't fund any theoretical methods to generate beta
binomial random variables in this article.

I would like to kind request you to suggest me any journal paper or document
to study the methods of generating  beta binomial random variables used to
write the function "rbetabinom".

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Arun.