[R] Comparing goodness of fit between two logistic regression models

hoguejm hoguejm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 19:20:05 CET 2012

Greetings,

I want to compare the goodness-of-fit between several different models that
I have developed using Logistic Regression.  I have been doing some research
and am sort of confused on how to do this.  I know it is not as simple as in
an OLS model, however since there is no "R-squared" value in logistic
regression, I was wondering if there was another test statistic I could use.
I do not want to compare the fitted models with the null model, but rather
two different fitted models.

I know there are several pseudo R-squares that can be used. (Is there  a
recommended one? Is this even a good way to compare models?)

I apologize that this is more of a statistics question than an r specific
question, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake