[R] R and google analytics

tmbassassin zowechs07 at earlham.edu
Fri Nov 9 18:53:21 CET 2012

so...
i'm trying to integrate google analytics with R (statistics)-- i know it's
possible, there's a lot of documentation and some walkthroughs on how to do
it, but i can't for the LIFE of me get it to work or even know where to
begin.

for starters, the directions i'm following are from this website--

http://code.google.com/p/r-google-analytics/

i'm running an old black macbook with osx 10.5.8.

i'm on the step of trying to get Rcurl installed, and i'm super stuck right
there.

the message i'm getting is this--

> install.packages("RCurl", repos = "http://www.omegahat.org/R")

Warning: dependency ‘bitops’ is not available

Warning: unable to access index for repository

http://www.omegahat.org/R/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.15

   package ‘RCurl’ is available as a source package but not as a binary

Warning message:
package ‘RCurl’ is not available (for R version 2.15.2)

so the answer seems obvious, Rcurl just isn't going to work, but that
doesn't make any sense-- i have the most recent version of R (literally
downloaded it yesterday,)

furthermore, in order to get libCurl, for some reason i can't seem to
download it without installing fink, which i definitely do not understand
and i'm just not going to do, i don't need something as massive as fink for
the download of one simple thing, but i can't find a workaround.

any assistance anyone could provide would be absolutely awesome.
if you need any more information from me let me know specifically what and
i'll do my best

p.s.-- please explain everything like i'm a 5 year old. my code-reading and
comprehension abilities are limited at best.