[R] export home range image to google earth (alternatively a shapefile)

Tagmarie Ramgad82 at gmx.net
Wed Nov 7 15:25:04 CET 2012

I calculated a homerange using the adehabitatHR-packaged, "plotted" it and
now I want to export the image (image with the contourlines) to google maps.
I just don't get how to do that.
Here is something like my image:

library(adehabitatHR)
kudl  <-  kernelUD(puechabonsp$relocs[,  1],  h  =  "LSCV")
vud  <-  getvolumeUD(kudl)
image(vud[[1]])
xyzv  <-  as.image.SpatialGridDataFrame(vud[[1]])
contour(xyzv,  add=TRUE)

To create a KML I thought I'd use 'plotKML'.

But I don't get it. Does anyone have any idea?